Permission for Acces to Dashboard

Floris_58 December 9, 2021

Good afternoon,

I have created a new dashboard, but although I have shared the dashboard (viewing) with logged in users, others are not able to acces the dashboards. How can I solve this?Dashboard JIRA.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

Hi @Floris_58  - What is the error they are getting? Also, are you sure they can't access the dashboard, or can they not just access the data in the dashboard? 

Because you have to also share all of the filters used by all of the gadgets in the dashboard. 

@John Funk Hi, thanks for your quick answer. That would probably be the issue, but how do I give acces to those filters? When hitting the three dors behind the filter I cxan only rename or delete the filter, I have no option to edit permissions there

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

You have to search for the filter by name under the Filters menu option. It's a pain, but the only way to do it.

I did that, I have shared all filters and the dashboard with anyone on the web. Still not accessible for others. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

Can you share a screen shot of what the user sees?

they mainly see their JIRA start page

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

I don't think they will be getting the Jira start page if they click on a link to the dashboard.

I got it working, the link does not work, they need to search for the dashboard and add it to their overview in order to approach the dashboard. Thank you for your help!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2021

Great! Glad that is working for you now. 

Suggest an answer