Performance Issues with Jira

Sushma Nagaraj August 16, 2018

I have found that jira is taking a lot of time to load a page and it is very slow. I get errors as shown in the attachment. I have also attached the link for GTMetrix report, https://gtmetrix.com/reports/jira.faradayfuture.com/7WfEr2rx , any suggestions on how I could increase the performance of the JIRA.Capture.PNG

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Alexis,

JIRA is running on Tomcat server and there are around 3226 users  and 416 different projects.

Thanks,

Sushma

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2018

Hi @Sushma Nagaraj,

can you give us a bit more details on the server where Jira is running, like CPU, RAM, VPS or dedicated, ...

How many users/projects/issues do you have on this jnstance ?

Thanks,

Alexis

Hi Alexis,

JIRA is running on Tomcat server and there are around 3226 users  and 416 different projects.

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2018

Hi Sushma,

Are you able to share information on the number/size of CPUs, RAM (system and XMS/XMX settings)

The report indicates that gzip isn't enabled (in jira or a reverse proxy) which will compress the content sent over the network 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-jira-application-options-861253962.html indicates where this setting is in Jira itself (though if you have apache/nginx/etc as a proxy in front of Jira, leaving gzip off in Jira but enabling it a the webserver level is would be my recommendation.

How many custom fields do you have?

Your server appears to be in/around LA - are the bulk of your users in the same vicinity or spread around geographically?

Do you notice an increase in performance after a clean Jira application start and it then diminishes over time, or is it always about this slow?

CCM

Suggest an answer