Page does not seem properly when accessing jira via base url

Uğur KOLCU August 8, 2017

When i'm trying to access jira via 'help.company.com' on LAN, login page loaded but it does'nt seem properly. There are 21 errors on Developer Console (Chrome). 

help.company.com from WAN is OK, there is no problem.

localhost:6050(apache url) is OK, but this time 'mismatched base url' error appeared. I must access Jira via base url.

What should i do to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

You need to access JIRA by it's base url.  Things break if you use an unknown url, because it doesn't know where to look for things, or when it reaches out, there's nothing there.

thank you for your response.  You are right, but it's base url is already help.company.com.

The point is when i'm trying to access Jira by it's base url, it can not load page properly. But when i access it by apache url everything is good.

Probably there is a problem about loopback configuration.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

That does not sound right, and contradicts what you said before a bit.  I'm going to write out what I think is going wrong and I would like you to confirm or correct it.

• Your base url is set to help.company.com
  • When people use that to access the system from outside your network, it works ok
  • When people use that to access the system from inside your network, it works ok
  • When you try localhost:6050 on the server, it fails

Is that right?

nope.

• [OK] Your base url is set to help.company.com
  • [OK] When people use that to access the system from outside your network, it works ok
  • [FAIL] When people use that to access the system from inside your network, it works ok
  • [FAIL] When you try localhost:6050 on the server, it fails

• [OK] When people use that to access the system from inside your network, it fails (fails mean: load it, but not properly)
  • [OK] When you try localhost:6050 on the server, it works ok

My first screenshot taken from inside network and with base url.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2017

Sorry, you've inserted two lines in there that contradict each other again.

Please, could you answer the questions without adding contradictory lines.

• [ok] Your base url is set to help.company.com
  • [ok] When people use help.company.com from outside your network
  • [?] When people use help.company.com from inside your network
  • [?] When you try localhost:6050 on the server (not other machines, because it cannot work there, by definition)
  • [ok] Your base url is set to help.company.com
  • [ok] When people use help.company.com from outside your network
  • [fail] When people use help.company.com from inside your network
  • [ok] When you try localhost:6050 on the server (not other machines, because it cannot work there, by definition)
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2017

Great, thank you.

That takes it down to a simple networking issue - your network is routing internal users using help.company.com to the wrong place, directly to the server instead of through the proxy.  You need to get that corrected, so they hit the proxy server.

Uğur KOLCU August 9, 2017

Thank you.

Yes, it seems like networking issue like i said at the begining. But problem is going on.

I noticed that it differs that if i'm on WIFI or ethernet connection. 

There is not any problem on wifi connection, page loaded perfectly. But if i'm connected with ethernet cable page does not loaded properly. (both help.company.com)

Do you have any suggestion related to this case?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2017

That's interesting.  Suggests your router is doing bad things!

Does it have any form of blocking or filtering on it?  Can you try a tracert to see if the connection is taking a different route over wifi and ethernet?

Uğur KOLCU August 9, 2017

disable firewall and nothing changed. 

tracert results are same over wifi and ethernet.

if i write a line in my drivers/etc/hosts file, it's ok. but it's not a complete solution for me :/

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2017

That was the next thing to look at, but you've done the test.

Your network has a broken DNS service.

Suggest an answer