Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Overarching overview board of all Scrum and Kanban teams Edited

Hi,

in my Project im working with multiple teams with separate boards, scrum and kanban.

For transparency reasons I´m wondering, if it´s possible to have an overarching overview board of all teams where I can see the status of all the stories and tasks etc. in a big overview.

Can any of you help me here?

Thanks in advance!

Best

Maze

5 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olga Videc Community Leader May 23, 2019

Hello @mnayeb 

My advice is to create and save a filer that will cover all you desire and then create a board and apply this filter to it.

OR

You can combine all of your desired board's filter into one and apply it to a new board.

Filter what you need and apply it to a new board.

BR, Olga

Hey Olga,

thanks for the advice!

I will give this a try!

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Maziar,

The quick answer is YES, you can do that, all you need to do is add all the desired projects to the 'overview' board. Of course, now comes the 'warnings';

It can be confusing for some folks to mix sprint/kanban projects on the same board.

It can be challenging to sort out the column labels if there are radically different workflows.

It can be v-e-r-y large and have so many issues it's hard to use.

etc....

That said, we do use that very approach for some of the multi-projects in my shop.

Let me know if you have problems or specific issues with this and I'll try to help 

Hey Tom,

thanks for your advice!

I´ll try some things and get back to you if needed!

0 votes
Answer accepted

Let's assume we have 4 different projects to include. Two are sprint driven, 2 are Kanban. Here's what the filter might look like:

(project in (Project 1,Project 2) AND Sprint in openSprints() OR project in (Project A,ProjectB)) ORDER BY Rank ASC

This insures that in projects that are sprint driven, only issues in the active sprints are displayed

You may also want to use a sub-filter for the kanban projects to remove old released issues:

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY  

Hope this helps

The problem here is, we just have one Project, that contains multiple different boards. And I want to sum up these boards. 

So no Project 1,2 or A,B, just one Project.

0 votes
Scott Theus Community Leader May 23, 2019

Hi @mnayeb ,

I wrote an article about this not too long ago, here is a link.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Managing-Multiple-Projects-in-a-Single-Board-or-One-Scrum-to/ba-p/1035297

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

-ROTFWL-

Love the opening of your article!

"One Scrum to rule them all, One Scrum to find them,
One Scrum to bring them all and in Agile bind them"

Like Scott Theus likes this

Hey Guys!

I have one more question to the issue above.

Heres our Situation:

We have 14-day-sprints and teams with separate boards operating in either scrum or kanban.

What I want:

An overarching board with all stories and tasks that are planned or being worked on in this 14-day-sprints (both scrum and kanban) of all teams.

It´s somehow super hard to create an appropriate filter for that....

Do you have any hints here?

Best

Maziar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,534 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you