It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Our Jira server is down

Eamon Ohuallachain Dec 18, 2017

I got a warning that the database needed to be update. I ran the config.bat file and clicked save on the screen. When i open localhost:8080 i cannot login. when i try the domain name it doesn't complete. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Dec 18, 2017

There is not enough information here to help you a lot, so we need some more questions.

Let us start with "I got a warning that the database needed to be update."

Jira does not do that.  Could you explain what you saw, what it suggested you should do and what route you then took?

Eamon Ohuallachain Dec 19, 2017

There was an error page that had me open bin/config.bat and press save on the Java Applet window. I did that and restarted the jira service. Jira loaded under localhost, but i cannot login.

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Dec 19, 2017

I can't line that up with anything Jira would do, unless your database had been damaged and what you really mean is the "error" was "you have no database set up, please run config to create one".  Is that what has happened?

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Early Access: If you use Jenkins and Jira Software Cloud, you need to read this!

The Jira Software Cloud Team has been busy working on a simple, secure, and reliable way to integrate your build and deployment information from Jenkins with Jira Software Cloud. This means you don’t...

339 views 0 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you