Our Jira server is down

Eamon Ohuallachain December 18, 2017

I got a warning that the database needed to be update. I ran the config.bat file and clicked save on the screen. When i open localhost:8080 i cannot login. when i try the domain name it doesn't complete. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2017

There is not enough information here to help you a lot, so we need some more questions.

Let us start with "I got a warning that the database needed to be update."

Jira does not do that.  Could you explain what you saw, what it suggested you should do and what route you then took?

Eamon Ohuallachain December 19, 2017

There was an error page that had me open bin/config.bat and press save on the Java Applet window. I did that and restarted the jira service. Jira loaded under localhost, but i cannot login.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

I can't line that up with anything Jira would do, unless your database had been damaged and what you really mean is the "error" was "you have no database set up, please run config to create one".  Is that what has happened?

Suggest an answer