SMBIOS Version: 3.0
RAM: 32,0 GB

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

Cagatay,

That's a desktop pc hardware, i'll assume that you recently installed jira for testing.

Performance depends mainly on:

- Hardware

- Number of issues, custom fields, projects, etc

- Plugins installed

- Server configuration

From what you say, your hw is ok, if you recently installed jira the problem is not the number of issues.

Check if your hard drivers are ok, and if you are running an antivirus, make sure you're excluding jira directories from real time scan.

Jira needs 8gb or ram, check if you have that amount free too

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2018

Actually, Jira needs 768Mb RAM - that's the off-the-shelf default.  If you've not messed with that, it is aimed mostly at getting started, and I usually increase it to 1Gb reflexively.  Before going higher, you should know that RAM is a constraint, not just guess, or you'll just be giving yourself potential other problems.

You do need more RAM than that, obviously, as you need to give the operating system some room too.  On a 2Gb machine, I'd never give Jira more than 1.5Gb RAM (and that assumes nothing else is on it)

Suggest an answer