Original Estimate

Bill Bracken November 22, 2020

I'm doing initial planning and putting in what I think the estimate for a task should be.  However, this is a preliminary estimate.  We'll review the tasks and adjust the estimates accordingly.  It appears that once I enter an original estimate it can not be changed.

Thanks,

bb

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Hi @Bill Bracken,

Welcome to the Community!

It should be possible to update your estimate later on. The key is to have the Time Tracking field available on the edit screen of the issue type you want to update it on.

To check if this is the case, navigate to Project settings > Screens and locate the edit screen associated with the type of task you want to have it on. Add the field to the Edit screen.

If that is the case, you could additionally check if you can find the Original Estimate field on Project Settings > Issue Layout. See if the field is made available there as well. 

Bill Bracken November 25, 2020

I will look into to this further.  I think I have already looked at what you have suggested.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events