Organizing List and Timeline

Alfred Lombardi January 11, 2022

Is there a way to do any of the following to help me better organize work in the List and Timeline features in Classic Kanban?

1. Group the issues in the list by epic
  2. Use JQL to filter

Thanks!!!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi Alfred - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, neither of those things is currently possible for Jira Work Management (Business) projects. 

Alfred Lombardi January 13, 2022

Thanks!  Hope this gets on their roadmap for new features.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

@Alfred Lombardi 

Welcome!

For you to view by epico click on the board settings, access and perform the settings below:

Kanban Board.PNG

When accessing the board, this will be the view with the issues below in their respective columns

epics in board.PNG

If you still need to organize your query by JQL, just apply one of the following expressions to the end of the query you already use.

Expression:
ORDER BY issuetype ASC - to sort alphabetically from A-Z
ORDER BY issuetype DESC - To sort alphabetically from Z-A

Alfred Lombardi January 13, 2022

Thanks!  This is exactly what I'm hoping to do...but I think the feature is not yet present in the List or Timeline.  It works great on the board though.

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2022

@Alfred Lombardi 

For the list or timeline concept this is not possible yet.

A similar view to this would be roadmaps, available for Scrum projects in Jira Software.

But I'm glad the plate concept helped you.

Please click "Accepted Answer" to ensure that other users can locate these tips if they have questions similar to yours.

Suggest an answer