Order of pinned fields is not preserved any more?

Tom May 5, 2021

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Introducing-Pinned-Fields/td-p/1507918 says:

The order of the pinned fields is determined by the order you pin them in.

This is not the case any more, pinned fields jump to an arbitrary position not at the bottom.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom May 18, 2021

Bugticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76618 from 12th of May 2021 -->  Status "Shortterm Backlog"

Tom June 17, 2021

Seems to work again for me, without the bug ticket being touched - magic! Can someone else confirm?

Pamela Bennett June 17, 2021

I received your update. I just tried and my pins are once again added in the order in which I select them. Thanks for the heads up. Pamela

Like Tom likes this
1 vote
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

@Tom I believe the order of the pinned fields follow the same order of the fields on the View screen of the issue type you are using. If you (or a jira admin) edit the order of the fields on this screen, then this should fix your issue. Hope this helps!

Tom May 5, 2021

That is not what is described by Atlassian and I've seen the correct behavior when I just recently started pinning fields and now wondering why the order is gone. Perhaps some configuration changes were done by our admins that do collide with it...

If it would work only that way the benefit of pinning fields is reduced. I would even like to move them aorund and reorder after pinning, not to unpin all fields to add them again in another order.

Pamela Bennett May 5, 2021

Today I noticed my pinned fields order was rearranged. I unpinned all and attempted to repin in the order I would like the fields to appear however when doing this the fields are not ordering properly. Just started today, May 5 2021.

Like Tom likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi Tom - I have not seen this. Can you share some screenshots? 

Tom May 10, 2021
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2021

Interesting - it looks like system type fields rise to the top. Or maybe just People system type fields (Assignee and Reporter). 

Tom May 10, 2021

I think that description does not cover the whole story. I also tested with custom fields. To me it seems like the order is just the same as I would not have pinned the fields at all, so the whole feature of pinning fields is completely broken.

default_vs_pinned_order_of_fields.png

(I could not pin "expected effort" as well cause I've reached the maximum of fields to be pinned)

So how to go on and how to restore that feature? Is there already a bug filed matching or who could do so? (I was not able to...)

Like # people like this
Tom May 10, 2021

Only "Priority" seems to behave differently I see now...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

Hey @Tom  - are you not able to enter a support ticket here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like Jacob Humphrey likes this
Tom May 11, 2021

Hi @John Funk ,

no there is no "create ticket" available.

Zwischenablage01.jpg 

Is that possibly restricted to certain people within the organization?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

Yes, you must be a Jira Administrator to be able to submit a ticket. Can you have someone in your organization do that? 

Pamela Bennett May 11, 2021

I was able to successfully create a support ticket JST-659530 for this issue.  I have referred to the URL and screen recording in this thread. 

Like # people like this
Tom May 11, 2021

Hi @Pamela Bennett, thanks for pointing Atlassian to that issue. Seems to be a customer specific support ticket only? @John Funk how does the process look like, in case it is confirmed, will there be some public visibly ticket at https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JRACLOUD/issues?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021
Tom May 11, 2021

So the internal support ticket will result in a JIRACLOUD ticket everybody can watch to be notified of fixes? Can someone please add the link here later. Thanks.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events