Operations between issue properties

Luciano Nunes De Lima August 3, 2017

I'm using Jira for Program Management. I have a Kanban Board where the Issues represent projects and the workflow represents the Project Lifecycle (we have a total of 6 phases). I have custom fields for issues that represent:

1) The PLANNED completion dates for each of the project phases

2) The ACTUAL completion dates for each of the project phases.

My problem: I need to display in a dashboard a summary (ideally as a bar chart, but a table would be ok) of cumulative # of phases (accross all projects) that have been completed on time or late per month. In other words, I need to perform the following filter:

• project = X AND "PhaseX Actual date" <= "PhaseX Completion date".

Unfortunatelly (and surprisingly!), JQL does not allow the comparison between two attributes of an issue. How can I solve this problem? I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Luciano.

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

Date comparisons can just be performed with the help of a plugin, like ScriptRunner.

Luciano Nunes De Lima August 3, 2017

ScriptRunner isn't free and rather quite expensive. Any free solution? Why can't JQL perform such a simple operation?

Suggest an answer