Only able to use "Log in as user" functionality if using IE browser...why can't I use Chrome or Edge

Matthew Doughty December 13, 2019

I was trying to investigate a problem and clicking the button "Log in as user" on Admin / domain / Users I was told:-

This feature is not yet available from here. Switch back to the old site admin to use this feature.

I did this but have, repeatedly, received the message "Something went wrong. Try again later."  I'm also not able to use any of the left navigation functionality displayed on this page.

Are there issues for this functionality for certain browsers and how can I read more details if there are ?

matt

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2019

Hello @Matthew Doughty ,

I just ran a test to try and replicate this behavior locally without success, I tried in the previous Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 and the latest Version 79.0.3945.79, and both completed the login in as user and switch back without triggering any error.

From the behavior you described of this working on IE but failing on alternate browsers, Check out our "Browser Troubleshooting Guide" ,  under the Indispensable tests section noting that when this is the case it is a high probability that the error is stemming from a "Problem with the computer or some personal browser configuration."

With that said, I recomend checking the rest of the tests noted starting with incognito mode to see if there is the possibility of a browser extension causing the conflict.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer