It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Only JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR group member can add EPIC LINK

Hello Peers,

I have given EDIT permission to SCRUM MASTER Role. but SCRUM MASTER unable to add EPIC LINK successfully. Consider following scenario for better understanding

SCRUM MASTER
1. Scrum Master can edit the issue
2. While editing, when Scrum Master add EPIC Link, it shows pop-up "Issue is successfully updated", but no EPIC LINK added.

JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR

1. JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR can edit the issue
2. While editing, when JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR add EPIC Link, it shows pop-up "Issue is successfully updated", and EPIC LINK added successfully.

WHAT I WANT

SCRUM MASTER should be able to add EPIC LINK successfully, like JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR

What I am missing, what is workaround for it? 

Thanks 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Tauqir,

As we figured out on the related Support Request you raised for this behavior, this was a cache issue and restarting the Jira server solved the issue for you.

Please 'Accept' this answer so that it helps other users who come across a similar issue in the future.

Best Regards,
Soumya Shukla | Atlassian Support

@Tauqir_Rao  can you check the permission scheme again for the scrum master role. Is the scrum master has the correct permission to perform this task? and please check the screen scheme too.

Yes, SCRUM MASTER has the required permission 

Is the Epic you are linking to part of the same project as the issue you are linking?  The user will need Edit permissions on both projects if not.

It is the same project.

Do they also have the "Link Issues" permission?  

Yes, they have Link Issues permission

The only permissions needed to add the Epic Link are the "Edit issues" and "Link issues" on the projects.  If it still fails I think you'll need to contact Atlassian support.

Here comes up Atlassian Support

epic.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Metrics Fun: 2019 in Review

Hello, Atlassian Community!  I thought it would be fun to do something different for my teams' last retrospective of 2019 so I'm planning to do a "year in review" with info-graphics.  Wha...

1,868 views 10 14
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you