Only JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR group member can add EPIC LINK

Tauqir Rao February 27, 2020

Hello Peers,

I have given EDIT permission to SCRUM MASTER Role. but SCRUM MASTER unable to add EPIC LINK successfully. Consider following scenario for better understanding

SCRUM MASTER
1. Scrum Master can edit the issue
2. While editing, when Scrum Master add EPIC Link, it shows pop-up "Issue is successfully updated", but no EPIC LINK added.

JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR

1. JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR can edit the issue
2. While editing, when JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR add EPIC Link, it shows pop-up "Issue is successfully updated", and EPIC LINK added successfully.

WHAT I WANT

SCRUM MASTER should be able to add EPIC LINK successfully, like JIRA-ADMINISTRATOR

What I am missing, what is workaround for it? 

Thanks 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Soumya Shukla
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2020

Hi Tauqir,

As we figured out on the related Support Request you raised for this behavior, this was a cache issue and restarting the Jira server solved the issue for you.

Please 'Accept' this answer so that it helps other users who come across a similar issue in the future.

Best Regards,
Soumya Shukla | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Is the Epic you are linking to part of the same project as the issue you are linking?  The user will need Edit permissions on both projects if not.

It is the same project.

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Do they also have the "Link Issues" permission?  

Yes, they have Link Issues permission

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2020

The only permissions needed to add the Epic Link are the "Edit issues" and "Link issues" on the projects.  If it still fails I think you'll need to contact Atlassian support.

Here comes up Atlassian Support

epic.png

0 votes
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2020

@Tauqir Rao  can you check the permission scheme again for the scrum master role. Is the scrum master has the correct permission to perform this task? and please check the screen scheme too.

Yes, SCRUM MASTER has the required permission 

Suggest an answer