One user not receiving emails sent from atlassian

Gio Pagliari March 4, 2021

Error message in audit log: "Failed to send to the following e-mail addresses multiple times"

We have an automation configured to send to a group people of people - all are receiving the email - except one user in the group.

We have added "atlassian.net" and "automationforjira.com" - to the Office 365 Exchange anti-spam filters to allow these domains into Exchange.

We also checked the Office 365 SMTP logs and there no record of any communication from atlassian. So it seems the email has not left Atlassians servers.

The email address of the user is correct (no spaces, etc...).

The user does receive emails from tempo and notifications on the jira app - but does not receive email notifications for any of the automations.

All the notifications in the personal settings are enabled.

Regards

Gio

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi Gio - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would put in a support request with Atlassian to see if that Email address has been blacklisted for some reason. It happens from time to time. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Gio Pagliari March 5, 2021

Thanks, it was resolved by this suggestion.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

Great! Can you click on the Accept Answer button above so we can close this one out? Thanks!

Roudy Merhej July 30, 2022

Hi @John Funk ,

I'm facing the same issue.

Can you please check if my email is blocked on your system and do the needful please to unblock it ?

I stopped receiving notification on 22/07.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Roudy

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2022

Sorry Roudy - I am not Atlassian and cannot do that. You need to submit a support ticket with them.

And you should update your post to remove your email because the whole world can see it right now.

Like Roudy Merhej likes this
Roudy Merhej July 30, 2022

Noted. Thank you John.

I will delete it.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin