One project is not visible to anyone. "Requested board can not be viewed..."

Casey Jones October 4, 2017

I, the admin, can see the board just fine. Majority of people get, "This board can not be viewed because it does not exist or you do not have permissions..." Each person I've checked with have full admin rights to view, edit, change.

One person can see the issues, just not the Kanban board.

He see's this...

https://ibb.co/hb8SAb

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

1-Users need to have access in projects contained by the board filter

(check project permissions)

2-Check Board Filter Query (you can easily share it with the mentioned projects above, that way you don't have any missmatch with project permissions)

Casey Jones October 5, 2017

Thank you! I was lost but since the filter is now shared, everything works.

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

Glad to hear that :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2017

@Casey Jones, For users to be able to access a board they need access to both the Board (like you have in the image above) and the Filter that the board uses.  It's this second one that usually trips people up. 

pd

Thank you. This solved my issue. You're amazing.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2017

Boards are not projects.

Check who the board is shared with, and also that the same people have at least "browse project" in the projects it is displaying.

Casey Jones October 4, 2017

So I understand boards are not projects, however I might be unaware how to ensure the board is shared with the right people.

https://ibb.co/nEUWLb

Here you can see I've added the people that need access to the board as admins.

Is there a specific place where I can add the board as well?

Totally lost.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2017

Go to Board Settings and then the General option under Settings on the left. Check to see if the Filter is shared with the right people - either public or a group that you want to see it. 

Thanks John. That did it. I would started breaking keyboards. 

Suggest an answer