One of my Projects got removed. How to get it back?

nitin-bc January 5, 2022

Hi Folks,

One of my projects got removed from my team, not sure how? Is there any way to get it back as my all data is there?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

3 answers

0 votes
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2022

Hi @nitin-bc 

The audit log's are under "System" - Please reference this doc - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/audit-activities-in-jira-applications/

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Hi @nitin-bc - Assuming you are using Jira Cloud, @Muhammad Fahad is correct, you can recover the data back from the trash bin as long as the data was deleted in the last 60 days.

If it is beyond that, the data is lost forever, unless you are taking backups of your Jira data.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/trash-for-jira-cloud-projects/

0 votes
Muhammad Fahad
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2022
nitin-bc January 5, 2022

Hi @Muhammad Fahad @Vish Reddy _Revyz_ Thank you for your quick feedback. Actually, I haven't trashed it out. Somehow it got removed automatically, which may be due to changing the ownership. Could it be the reason?

Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2022

Hi @nitin-bc - Have a look through the audit log, that should give a clue on what made the project go into Trash. Ownership change should not cause this as far as I know.

nitin-bc January 6, 2022

Hi @Vish Reddy _Revyz_ Could you please guide me on how can I access Audit log?

nitin-bc January 7, 2022

Hi @Vish Reddy _Revyz_ I tried to check the Audit log also but couldn't see any information there. Could you please let me know if there is any other way around getting the project data back?

I lost it completely :(

Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2022

Hi @nitin-bc - lets do a google meet to see what is going on - I can be reached at vish.reddy@revyz.io. Send me an email with your availability and we can setup sometime.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events