Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

One of my Jira projects keep all issues in the closed column even after being released

One of my Jira projects, which is a Kanban board, keep all issues in the closed column even after being released.

This is very odd since all issues should be removed from the closed column when the kanban board is released?

Has anyone seen this before or have a guess as to why this would happen?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz Community Leader Jun 22, 2022

Hi @Jimi Wikman 

Kanban board uses the "Sub-Filter" to remove issues from the board. Default filter is "fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY". Could you check your filter in case there is a difference?

So it does not remove based on release at all, it just checks to see if the fixversion is set? That is interesting...Is this the same on DC, or is it just for cloud?

Tansu Akdeniz Community Leader Jun 23, 2022

This is same for all Jira's. If you click "Release" button in Kanban board, it assigns fix version to the issues in done column and issues are disappeared from the board.

Thank you @Tansu Akdeniz

I must be getting old because I don't remember ever doing this back in Jira 6 and 7 and I find it a bit weird since that is not how the Scrum board works and I would assume they used the same functionality.

Anyway, I appreciate the quick reply.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,125 views 34 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you