One Issue in 2 projects or more

Roxan Bavarchi August 18, 2022

Hi Everyone. 

We would like to try something new. 

We have Different type of project. Projects for new software and Projects by "nature" like design. 

We would like that when we create an issue in the project "Sowtfare", in the epic Design, this issue goes to the project "design" in the same time. And that when we modify this issue in design, it does exactly the same the sofware project. 

Is that Possible ? 

Thanks a lot. 

Best regards, Roxan BAVARCHI

1 answer

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

Let me see if I have this straight. Someone creates an issue in the Software project and adds the epic link "Design". So this is viewed as an error condition in that any issue tied to the "design" epic belongs in the Design project. Do I have the problem statement correct? Assuming so then to correct the situation the issue needs to be moved to the Design project.

There isn't a way to automatically move an issue at least OOTB. You could consider a scripting add-on such as Scriptrunner. To be honest I would probably look to create a solution that prevents someone from mistakenly creating an issue in the wrong project. However, before we jump in to anything like that I would like to know if I'm even understanding your problem statement correctly. :)

Roxan Bavarchi August 22, 2022

I am sorry i must have not explain that right. Actually we wants issue to go in several project. For exemple. If i create an issue in "SoftWare" with the Epic "Design", i want this issue to be added, duplicated, in Design. 

We have different group of work. Some will need to see only work from Design, other will wants to see wowrk from the project "SoftWare". 

I hope i explain it right  

Thanks to all !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events