On which field "issue key" could be mapped in import from .csv mechanism in updating existing issue

isabelle Missaire October 11, 2017

Hello,

I can see in atlassian documentation  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/importing-data-from-csv-802592885.html how to update existing issue using the "issue key" field, but the import from .csv mechanism asks me to mapp this field (from my .csv file) to a Jira field butI can't find it.

I used to import with this mechanism to create new issue Jira with success, but I need to update now and I can't.

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

4 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

I believe the "Issue Key" field won't appear if you choose the "Import Issues from CSV" menu item in the Issues dropdown menu. I just tested this on my own instance and found this to be the case.

To see the "Issue Key" field option, you need to:

1. Log in to JIRA as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission.
  2. Select Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import > CSV button associated with the Comma-separated values (CSV) option to open the CSV File import page.
  3. When you get to the step where you map fields, you should see the "Issue Key" field.

Suggest an answer