On the roadmap- I am not able to view the child issue progress bar. What shall I do?

Shubham Khandelwal August 17, 2022

I tried updating from the roadmap view setting but was still not able to do anything. Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Shubham Khandelwal August 24, 2022

Please arrange for a call  back - can't share the screen images - confidential.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2022

Hello @Shubham Khandelwal 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide provide a screen image of what you see, and point out where you want or are expecting to see a progress indicator for child issues?

NA

If you see, below the epic I am not able to add the child issue progress bar 
Also, I have set the due and start date for each child issue level task but epic is not auto picking  picking up the date 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

Hello @Shubham Khandelwal 

Here is a link to the documentation for Roadmaps in the Jira Standard subscription.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/what-is-the-roadmap/

If by "progress bar" you mean the a bar that shows in the left column next to the issue link, that is not a feature available for non-Epic issues in the roadmap.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.50.08 AM.png

If by "progress bar" you mean the bar on the right that shows the start and due dates for the issues, you may need to enable that feature for your roadmap as it was just recently added to the Basic Roadmap.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.52.01 AM.png

Click on the ... button in the upper right when viewing the roadmap and select Configure Roadmap.

You should find a Child Level Issue Scheduling option. Turn that on. This image shows it turned off.

Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.53.44 AM.png

Regarding having the Epic get its Start and Due date from its children, that will happen when you turn on Child Level Issue Scheduling and if you don't have Start and Due dates entered directly in the Epic. If you enter dates directly in the Epic, that will override it automatically getting the dates from its child issues.

Shubham Khandelwal August 18, 2022

@Trudy Claspill Thanks for the reply. I have tried all of the above - still no help. 
What can be done other than that?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2022

Please provide screen images showing us what you see.

Show us the screen that shows the "Child level issue scheduling" is turned on.

Show us the screen for a child issue (of an Epic) including the fields that show the child issue has a Start Date and Due Date.

Show us the screen for the Epic parent of that issue including the fields that show the Epic issue Start Date and Due Date are empty.

Show use the roadmap with the Epic expanded to show its child issue.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2022

@Shubham Khandelwal 

I cannot arrange a call with you. I am just another user of Jira trying to help out where I can.

If you cannot provide supportive images in this forum, with confidential data blacked out, then I recommend you contact Atlassian Support directly for assistance.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events