On the next gen projects, is it possible to filter epics by label?

Nikesh Mistry February 22, 2019

On the next gen projects, is it possible to filter epics by label? I'm able to set labels on EPICs but can't see any functionality on the roadmap view where I can filter by this

2 answers

4 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Hello Nikesh,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

The new roadmap feature uses the same filter as the project's board.

That been said, the board filter is automatically configured to return all issues on next-gen projects and it is not possible to edit/customize it as in Classic projects, however, we have created a feature request to perform it:

Ability to configure board filters for next gen project

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Please, let me know if this information helps.

Micheal Planck February 4, 2021

The link you provided does not go to the place it says. It goes to 

Ability to have issues from other projects on a next gen project/board

So that's really no help.

I see that adding labels to my epics makes the Labels filter box appear on the roadmap. That's great! However if you select 2 labels it searches for any issue with either of those labels instead of both. How can I implement either of these solutions?

A) convince the Label filter to do an AND instead of OR

B) add a custom label field and sort on it

0 votes
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2019

Hi @Nikesh Mistry - I believe the Roadmap displays all epics in the next-gen project, and for now the only filtering option from there is Status. As far as I know, there's no way to filter the Roadmap any further than that.

Nikesh Mistry February 25, 2019

Any plans for this to be included? I've got two teams that have separate sprint backlogs but as a PM it would be good to see the roadmaps for each team in one place. Do you know of any way this could be possible?

Like # people like this
randall_will November 20, 2019

+1 -- Being able to filter the Roadmap by Label would be highly valuable for sharing progress and futures of specific workstreams.

Like # people like this
Bart Jaspers June 29, 2020

+1 -- not really a big deal to add this feature?

Nataly.Rudnitsky September 17, 2020

+1

yonatan vaisberg October 15, 2020

+1

Elizabeth Mayer October 21, 2020

+1 would be a huge help to have that feature

Suggest an answer