On Sprint board, I need to show stories which have defects associated with it. How can I do that?

joshig February 27, 2020

Hello All - We have Sprint board with user stories. We have 5 swim-lanes - To-Do, In Progress, IT Review, UAT, Done. 

Once developers finish the work, they move the story to IT review, where testing on those stories happen. We are logging the defects and associating those defects with the user story and assigning them to the developer. However, those stores remain in IT review column, until defects are fixed. 

Unless you click on the story, we cannot see defects associated with that story. I was wondering, if there is a setting that would allow us to see related stories or defects associated with the story, on the board itself, without clicking on it. 

Hope my question is clear :) Thank you in advance for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Hung Nguyen February 27, 2020

In general, you can always update the board filter to include your Defects, and the filter can be composed to include ALL possible Defects or just Defects that have link to your stories.

It may depend on how your defects are associated with your story and whether you bring your defects into the same epic of the stories.

Note that Defects may have different workflow than stories, hence you have to include all the Defect status into the board to be able to see them displayed.

Suggest an answer