ODBC Access to Jira database - how to associate issues with a Rapidboard sprint?

David Meltzer June 5, 2012

I am a new user of Greenhopper (5.10) - my company is using Rapid Boards for managing Agile projects. Since the rapid boards are relatively new and most of the existing reports do not work properly, I have developed my own reports via direct ODBC database access. I need to create a series of reports based on issues for a given Rapidboard sprint and am unable to identify where this is stored or how to create a join with the Jiraissue table.

Can anyone help?

1 answer

1 vote
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2012

Hi David,

Could I ask what you mean when you say the new reports don't work properly? There's no way we can improve if we're not aware of problems.

The Sprint information is stored in the ao_60db71_sprint table. The id from this table is stored in to the Sprint custom field on issues that are in the Sprint.

Thanks,
Shaun

David Meltzer June 6, 2012

Shaun - none of the existing reports for Agile use the concept of the sprint as defined by the rapid board (including widgets for the dashboard) - they all still use the version as the sprint identifier.

sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012

Understood David, I thought you were suggesting that none of the existing reports (i.e the Sprint, Burndown and soon to be released Velocity reports) were any good.

Thanks,
Shaun

David Meltzer June 10, 2012

OK - I've found how to create a data set of all tasks and subtasks for a given rapidboard sprint. I now have one addtional data releated question - I see that I can get time worked by day via the worklog table - I assumed I could extract daily changes to the remaining estimate from the changeitem table (I see on the newest burndown chart that this data is captured and stored) - but I am not able to establish the relationship between worklog and changeitem.....is there an intermediate table somewhere I am not seeing?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2012

changegroup - changeitems each represent one change on the issue, and changegroup represents a batch of changeitems that the user made in one transaction. (e.g. editing summary, description while going through open -> in progress - three individual changes done in one go)

Suggest an answer