Notify permission

Geoffroy Rabine September 15, 2017

Hello,

I have a question about JIRA SOFTWARE permission, we want to block any users to appear when others users notify. when a user comment an issue and use @ feature, any users with "any logged in" permissions appears. these users has created automatically by JIRA. Can i do disappear this users ?

Could you tell me if a permission exist to block this right ?

I remain at your disposal should you have any questions concerning this subject

Thanks for your help,

Regards

Geoffroy

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Ah, I think I understand better now.  Instead of restricting which users can perform an @ mention and see user accounts, you want to actually limit which accounts appear as results.

In that case, Jira doesn't have a means to restrict those user accounts from appearing at this time.   There is an existing feature request for this in

The other way to remove users from appearing there is to mark the user account as inactive.  But this of course also disables the account in Jira and prevents that user from being able to login, not something to be done lightly, and not really a work-around you want to try unless of course that user account is no longer valid.

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

If I understand your request, you do not want just any user of the site to be able to list all the users that can be @ mentioned in a comment or issue description.  

The ability to restrict that feature is governed by the Global Permissions.   As such I would recommend taking a look at the Managing Global Permissions section.  Specifically you will want to adjust the "Browse Users" permissions.  You can limit the users that have this ability to specific groups.   By adjusting this, the groups listed for that permission could still see a user list when using the @ mention feature, but if the rest of the users do not belong to the specific group, they would not be able to see a list of users to mention there.

0 votes
Geoffroy Rabine September 26, 2017

Thanks Andrew for your help,

I will wait the release of this feature.

Have a good day,

Geoffroy

0 votes
Geoffroy Rabine September 25, 2017

Hello,

Thanks for your response, I want to restrain some users to appear with the @ feature. Today, all users appear when any users used @ feature. Some users are created by the system and i doesn't want this users appear for the others users.

Could I can modify this in the global permission ?

Thanks again for your help

Geoffroy

Suggest an answer