Notify Assignees of Status Change on JIRA Issue

Matthew Thompson September 26, 2022

We would like to notify (email) people assigned as technical reviewers on a JIRA Issue when we move (and set status) on our Kanban boards. Is that part of the current feature set?

Thanks, Matthew

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Matthew Thompson 

If  technical reviewers is a user picker field, you can send a notification to this user at every status change by

• Creating a custom event (choose a meaningful name)
  • Add this event to be trigger in each transition of you WF
  • Configure this event in the notification scheme to be send to the field that store the technical reviewers.

This will not trigger on the column change in the Kanban but by each transition that will have this custom event in it.

Regards

Thanks Florian - we will give this a shot.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2022

I agree with all @Florian Bonniec mentioned just don’t forget to associate the custom field with the event.

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hi Matthew - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You will need an add-on like ScriptRunner or Automation for Jira. Automation for Jira has a free Lite version and a paid Pro version. 

Hi John. Appreciate the welcome. I think we have ScriptRunner. I am not an admin, but I know one!!

Suggest an answer