Notifications

Roja Gurram June 30, 2021

Hi All,

How do I or User (s) get Jira email notifications when I or User (s) create a new ticket or when a ticket I am watching gets updated? This is based on the notification scheme configured on the specific right ?

My question is though user(s) is not a project getting the Jira email notifications. Kindly advise on the same.

2 answers

0 votes
Sadeesh Narendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Hi @Roja Gurram 

Your question is unclear!

Please check in the schema if that particular event has "All users" / "Project Users" in Notification. If so remove ""All users" / "Project Users". Again the role will as defined by your Jira Administrator.

Thanks!

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Hi @Roja Gurram , 

You are right to mention this is based on a notification scheme. 

For user notifications you need 3 things: 

• An outgoing mailbox
    • Configured by a jira admin for all you outgoing mail
  • A Jira notification scheme for your project
    • This scheme is configured by a jira admin and can be linked to multiple projects
    • You can configure who gets notified for each event individually
      • users
      • groups
      • project roles
      • user / group custom fields
      • project lead
      • assignee / reporter
  • Users with e-mail addresses

There is another configuration you might need to check: in you personal user profile, you can check if you want to be notified from your own changes: 

Screenshot 2021-06-30 at 14.04.47.png

If you need more help, please sent a pic of the notification scheme, that could be very helpfulll! 

- Tessa

Roja Gurram June 30, 2021

Hi Tessa Tuteleers,

Thanks for providing detailed explanation! And user profile option worked for notifications.

But My question is:  If the user(s) is not in a specific project ( User does not have permission to the particular project ) how come user will get Jira email notifications for the same project ?

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Roja Gurram,

Users get notifications about issues, not projects.  
If the user can't see the issue (no permissions), they should not get any notifications about that issue. 

Unless of course you are using apps to sent notifications (like JETI), which can overrule this. 

Or maybe you have created a filter subscription, which can send mails without any issues in it if the user can't see the issues of a certain project.

To really get to the bottom of this, please provide

• notification example
  • in the issue, go to "Admin" and provide:
    • Permission helper -> browse project for the user
    • Notification helpen -> for the user for necessary events

kr, 

- Tessa

Suggest an answer