Notification Email sent out by JIRA does not display the image/avatar within body of the email

Roy Malcik April 15, 2021

Jira email notification is not displaying the default user avatar within the body of the email.  Subscription of a filter being sent out shows a box with "X" instead of the avatar.  This occurred after upgrade to 8.13.4.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2021

Hi @Roy Malcik ,

two questions ahead:

Is this only happening for "filter subscriptions"? If so, I can confirm this happened to me also on a Jira Server 8.13 whereas the avatars for a batched notification mail is presented regularly.

Is there any chance your Jira Server cannot be reached from the network the end device is in at the second the avatar should be displayed?
I haven't tested if it works then but it might be possible that the image can be loaded from server (when it can be reached...).

There are also changes ahead for Jira v.8.15 - but to be honest I have not had the time to check, probably it is not related to the problem:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-8-15-x-release-notes-1041828739.html#JiraSoftware8.15.xreleasenotes-images

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

Hi Roy,

Do avatars appear in the UI for users? It may be a good idea to make sure they are in the expected place and with appropriate permissions for Jira to access them. Cheers!

Roy Malcik April 15, 2021

Yes, the UI has the user avatars.  The problem is with the email notification.  It's displaying the box with "X" instead of the avatar. 

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2021

Hi Roy,

Are Gravatars enabled or disabled? You may want to toggle that setting and test.

Roy Malcik April 16, 2021

I've toggled the gravatar setting both on/off and tested, still same result. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events