Not receiving any emails

Sherif Ali December 9, 2021

I recently joined my current employer and I am not receiving any email notifications from any of Atlassian products (Jira, Bitbucket or Confluence). Can you please help me with that ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2021

Hi @Sherif Ali ,

Daniel from Atlassian Support. I've checked your email address against the suppression list folks sometimes get stuck on for various mail errors - the "black-listed" issue you mention. Your email address is currently not on that list.

However, I also see that the Atlassian systems haven't attempted to deliver messages to your email address in the last 30 days. This indicates some other issue such as a misconfiguration in your company's Jira site. I've also checked to see if a site admin has opened a support case about this, and found that there's no case yet.

As Trudy mentioned, you will want to have a case directly with Support on this. If you can have a Site Admin (typically there will be someone in an IT Department with this permission level) use the contact form at https://support.atlassian.com/contact and file a Technical issue, that will get the ball rolling. We need a Site Admin at your organization to do this so they can grant us permission to access your company's Atlassian Cloud products and check the configuration.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Community Support

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

Hello @Sherif Ali 

Welcome to the community.

First, confirm with the administrators of your instances that they have been configured to send emails, and that events are occurring in the systems that should result in emails being sent to you. Also have them confirm that the systems have the correct email address for you.

Also confirm that such emails are not being automatically deleted by email rules in your email client, or going to your Junk Email folder, or automatically routed to another folder by a rule you have created.

Check the email settings in your Personal Settings in each tool to confirm that you have not disabled emails.

If all that indicates that you should be receiving emails, it is possible that your email has been blacklisted on the Atlassian side. In that case you or your administrators will need to reach out directly to Atlassian Support to find out if that is the case and get your email enabled again.

Sherif Ali December 9, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Thank you for your swift reply. I have been having this problem for over 2 weeks now, and I have confirmed the following with my team as well as the my company's IT help desk :

1-Instances  have been configured to send emails, and that events are occurring in the systems that should result in emails being sent to me.

2- There is email rules whatsoever on any of my email clients.

3- I checked my notifications setting in JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket and they are all set to send me emails. 

Based on the above I am suspecting my email address might be "Black-listed" on Atlassian side. Is that something you can help me with ?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

No, I can't help with that, as I am just another user of Atlassian products.

You or your administrators will need to contact Atlassian Support directly.

https://support.atlassian.com/

Like Sherif Ali likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events