Not receiving any email notification

Chandni Dhanuka December 21, 2020

I checked all of my settings and have email turned on and the email address is correct, and no matter what event happens (watched event changed or commented, I'm tagged in a ticket, etc) I am not receiving any emails.

The problem has suddenly started on Thursday 17/12/2020, before that, I used to receive all emails. I didn't make any changes to my settings since then.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Chandni Dhanuka ,

I've found our mail service received an error from your organization's mail server, which caused us to pause notifications to your email address:

554: 554 5.7.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: NO-DOMAIN.

This appears to be a misconfiguration at your organization's spam service - here's the knowledgebase article about this error. This might be helpful for your IT department.

I've cleared out the pause on our email service for your account, but if the mail server is still misconfigured, our email service might pause notifications again. I would definitely recommend following up with your IT department to ensure this was fixed or just a temporary issue last week. If you start receiving Jira notifications today however, I'd say that they had indeed fixed the misconfigured mail server already.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Pollak December 21, 2020

Have you considered that you might not be notified of your own actions?

Another email problem I have encountered has to do with automatic rules in the email program - please check wheter any rule "grabs" your mails and moves it somewhere

A third problem (that is not that easy to fix) is when your email admin decided that the mails from your Jira Server are to be treated as spam (forwarding). Then you need to conctact your email admin in order to whitelist mails from your Jira Server.

Chandni Dhanuka December 21, 2020

I was getting notified for my own actions as well until Thursday 17/12/2020

I haven't written any rule to move my emails to someplace else.

I have contacted my admin team to help me. Waiting for their response.

None of the above answers provided is currently helping me out in sorting the issue

Daniel Pollak December 21, 2020

Sorry to hear that, hope your admins can help.

Have a nice day, anyway,

BR, Daniel

Like Chandni Dhanuka likes this
Chandni Dhanuka December 22, 2020

Thanks Dan for your comments

0 votes
Martin Mineo October 11, 2022

@Daniel Eads I hope you can help me. I'm not receiving any emails from any project in my organization. This is how I have set up the notifications 

image.png

Thanks!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2022

Hi @Martin Mineo , welcome to the Community!

Looks like your email address had returned some errors to our mail service in August. These errors got the email address on a suppression list (Google basically told our system there was no email address there), which prevented further emails from being sent.

I've just cleared out the suppression, so newly-generated emails should go through now.

Cheers,
Daniel

Martin Mineo October 12, 2022

Thank you Daniel! Now I'm receiving my emails

BR

Martin

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS