Not able to send a fail and attach it to a BUG in Jira using JIRA REST API

Suryaabhilash.Pabolu June 30, 2022

I am looking for code to send a file as an attachment to a JIRA Issue in JIRA using REST API Can some one please help on that ?? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022
Suryaabhilash.Pabolu July 2, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I have seen this page. And i have already used through postman by selecting file and it worked. But I am not sure what is the process that is being used behind the postman to send the file.. 

I am basically looking for VBScript code or similar code through POST method by creating object of class Set WinHTTP = CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHTTPRequest.5.1") and then use the methods to send the file using POST or PUT method using the url https://***.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/BMCC-*****/attachments. Could you please help related to this ??? 

Thanks in Advance !!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2022

Postman does what it says - it sends the request you enter into it to the web site you tell it to contact.

Your VBScript does the same.   It's ends a message to a web site.  I can't tell you how your code might do that, it's up to your code to do it,.

Like Suryaabhilash.Pabolu likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events