Not able to import Project from Jira Cloud to Jira Software Server

OpzLab Technologies April 17, 2019

I took backup from Jira Cloud and tried to import on Jira Software server installed on my local machine. But I got the below error.

There was a problem parsing the backup XML file at /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/import/jira-export.zip: No 'key' field for Issue 10029.

Please help me in importing the data.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
OpzLab Technologies April 18, 2019

I was trying to import a cloud backup to server project import. Once I imported the backup to server backup import, it worked. Thank you all for the suggestions.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2019

Glad it worked @OpzLab Technologies !

0 votes
John Fetzik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2019

Also, just in case, make sure you create the right kind of backup from your Cloud instance. There are two options "Create backup for cloud" and "Create backup for server".

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2019

@OpzLab Technologies 

What version is your jira server?

Always keep in mind that Cloud instances have the latest version. If you are trying to import a project directly it won't work

There are some tedious steps but necessary.

You will have to create a test instance with the same version than your cloud version. Import your project from your cloud instance to the test instance.

You can read more by clicking here

Don't hesitate to ask a question if you get confused.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer