Not able to edit due date

Karen Keenan April 24, 2018

Hi Group,

I have seen this question a lot, but the answers have not been working for me.

I have Due Date as a field in my issues and I do have permission to schedule issues. However when I klick on the field below due date I cannot add/edit it. 

Can anyone please help me? 

Thanks,

Karen 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sana Safai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2018

Hi Karen,

Have you checked that the Due Date field is present on the edit screen for your issue type/project?

Hi Sana,

thanks for your reply! 

Yes when I click on my task in the Kanban board and the screen opens, on the right hand side there is a bar with different variables (components, time tracking etc.). The ' Affects version'  and the ' Due date' are the only ones I cannot change. I don't need the first one so I don't mind for that one. 

Best,

Karen 

BTW: When I go to the issue tab (in stead of Kanban) and I click "create issue > open dialogue " I cannot fill in due date. When I click configure fields in the top right, ´due date´ is not shown as an option. 

Sana Safai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2018

So you need to go to the project where this issue belongs and modify the edit screen for the ticket. If you're not a Jira admin you have to find one and ask them to help you out.

Thanks is worked! I needed to edit the ' create issue'  screen. That way it was editable in the ' edit issue'  screen.. (because it was already a field there) 

Like Rob Lamberson likes this
1 vote
Endre December 22, 2021

TO JIRA TEAM:

It would be nice Jira say you have no permission to something so we don't spend hours  chasing our own tail :)

0 votes
Eric Frank June 8, 2021

For anyone still running into this issue where the aforementioned solution does not work, check the project's permission settings. It may require you to be a member of a group or role on a project to be able to edit the due date field (or other fields). 

For exmple: I was an Admin on the project trying to update the due dates on my tickets. However, my role (Administrators) was not part of the grouping in the permissions of the project that allow such people to edit the field.

Dave Grimmer May 12, 2022

Thanks so much for that pointer was going round in circles editing the screens it was permissions ! 

Mariana Pithon October 4, 2022

I am still struggling with this. Could you provide more details?

Vladimir Etkin December 22, 2022

What if both schedule permission and screens are in place, but still no success?

Like Dmitry Andreev likes this

Suggest an answer