Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Not able to create an Epic Burndown report

Hi, I am trying to create an Epic Burndown report, following the steps below:

1 - Selecting the Reports side menu
2 - Selecting the Epic Burndown report option
3 - In the Epic Burndown report page, I select the "Add epics in the Epics panel of the Backlog"

After selecting this option I wanted to be able to add epics on the report but I em been redirected to the backlog page and I can't create the report.

Please, can you help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

When you select the Epic Burndown report, I suspect the whole message you are seeing is this. Am I correct?

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 12.44.21 PM.png

If so, notice that it says there are no epics on the board.

You can't create an Epic Burndown report if there are no Epics in the board. You must first have Epics in the board.

When you click the button to Add Epics, it is correctly taking you to the Backlog screen where you can add Epics via the Epics panel, if you have the Epics panel displayed.

The options to expand the Epics pane will be on the left, if you have enabled the Epics pane for the board.

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 12.47.00 PM.png

The method for enabling the epics pane depends on the type of project you are using (Team Managed or Company Managed) and the type of board you are using (Scrum or Kanban).

Hi Trudy Claspill,

Thank you for your help.

In our project, we use epics to organize the histories, but when I select the epics option on the backlog side view they aren't shown.

jira_epics_not_showed_on_backlog.png

How can I see the type of project and the type of board we are using?

Thanks

Go to the ... button in the upper right corner and select Board Settings. Then select the General screen.

Review the filter that is being used to select issues for your board. Is does it exclude Epic types of issues?

Can you show us the filter?

Trudy Claspill, thank you.

As you wrote, the problem was in the board filter that was not considering the epics. 

I updated the filter and now I am able to use the Epic Burndown.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

👋 Looking for 15-20 volunteers to test Atlassian training content

Hi everyone! Are you interested in beta testing Atlassian University’s newest (unreleased!) training course? We’re looking for 15-20 volunteers to test our newest training course, Basic reporting...

394 views 19 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you