Not able to configure license

Log's referral number: 934849f0-4864-44c3-8001-9f1ec35ac632
Cause

Referer URL: http://localhost:8080/secure/SetupLicense!default.jspa

com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, LICENSE_ROLE_NAME, GROUP_ID, PRIMARY_GROUP FROM licenserolesgroup WHERE LICENSE_ROLE_NAME=? (IO Error: Connection timed out)

com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, LICENSE_ROLE_NAME, GROUP_ID, PRIMARY_GROUP FROM licenserolesgroup WHERE LICENSE_ROLE_NAME=? (IO Error: Connection timed out)

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

The connection to your database is broken.  "Connection timed out" says the server simply cannot connect.

You'll need to check the database is up and running and that you have the right credentials and start again.

I've checked both the things . It is up and running and credentials are also correct. I could see all the tables are created and values inserted in the database

But still it is not able to configure. 

I am trying to test it via config tool but config tool is not opening. It needs JDK 1.8 but I am having JDK 1.7

Please suggest me something to make it working

Well, you should use the right version of Java. 

Then you'll need to fix the connection timeout.  I can't tell you what you've got wrong there.

I am getting the exact same error. Did you ever get it resolved/fixed?

Ah.. It worked.. I just increased the timeout on the MySQL server..

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,475 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you