Not able to complete the sprint even if there is only one board

The "Complete Sprint" button id displaying not active/grey out due to which not able to perform the action. There is only one board available and under which 3 sprints are created.

2 answers

Make sure all the tasks are done in your sprint and check whether you have the project admin rights are not on the project.

As per Ending a Sprint documentation: "You must have the JIRA 'Project Administrator' permission for all project(s) with issues included in the sprint to complete it. If you cannot complete a sprint, check whether your sprint has issues from a project where you are not a project administrator.

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Please guide me, how can I check what are the projects which are linked to my sprints?

Please check the filter which is used while creating the board.

0 votes
Warren Levy Community Champion Dec 08, 2017

As Rambabu has said, you need to check the board filter by going to Board settings and then General. Look at the filter query there, which may give you some clue.

Taking a step back, have you ever been able to end sprints, or is this something that has suddenly happened? What has changed?

I haven't yet performed the End sprint action, this is the first time for me.

As I have checked there is only one project linked to the sprint and I am having the Manage Sprint rights as well as Project administrator rights.

Not able to understand what is the issue here?

Can you please post us the JQL which you are using in your board by masking the sensitive data in the JQL.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

424 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot