Not Seeing subtasks on Rapid Board in the Issue Details Panel

Robert Pepitone August 21, 2012

When viewing a story (with sub tasks) on the Rapid Board (in plan or work mode). I expect to see its subtasks contained in the panel to the right. Instead it says “there are no sub tasks”. In fact when I create a sub task from that panel, the sub task is created without problem but a green message is briefly displayed saying “Your subtasks are currently not visible”. When I drill into the story they are there but they're not displayed on my rapid board.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

The filter for your board is probably not including the sub tasks. Check that the filter includes the sub tasks and that they are in a status mapped to a column on the board.

Thanks,
Shaun

Ok...you've given me a good clue here. It seems that the subtasks are not picking up some attributes from the parent stories and that's why they're not displayed on the rapid board. The attributes in question are from custom fields that I've created for the parent stories.

How can I ensure that sub tasks pick up custom field values from their parents?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

You could try a plugin like this one: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/22274 to copy values from the parent to the child.

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

What version of greenhopper are you using. This issue has apparently been resolved in 5.9.5. If its a older version than that, can you upgrade?

0 votes

I'm using a Greenhopper trial version - 6.01. What else could it be?

Suggest an answer