Not Able To Attach Images To Cases

Richard Persaud June 9, 2021

For the past two days I am not able to add my screenshots to cases through the "attach" button.  After trying to attach the screenshot it says "failed to load".  I tried adding them as a comment but that also didn't work.  I used google chrome and firefox making sure they were both updated and having cleared all my cache and cookies.  Can anyone assist?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2021

Hello Richard,

Thanks for raising this issue! @Brant Schroeder Thanks for pulling us in.

A few things come to mind with this type of error, it's possible you're hitting an outstanding bug with the new Jira issue view. One of our fellow Community Support humans wrote a great write-up at How to fix "failed to load" error at attachments in Jira tickets.

The two outstanding bugs are;

Please take a look at those bugs and let us know if they're similar to your issue. If your issue is different reach back out and we'll investigate further.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

@Richard Persaud Welcome to community.

Can you provide the steps you are taking to attach the image?  Are you saving the screenshot first or are you just trying to paste it in?  Can you also share a screenshot of the error?

Richard Persaud June 10, 2021

I create a screenshot and save it on my computer then I click on attach and then it says "We couldn't save your attachment".  It was working fine on Monday.  This was the first time experiencing this.

4462.PNG4463.PNG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

@Richard Persaud - Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Yes I have, and It's set to clear every time I close the browser.  Its really strange.  I tried different browsers also.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

@Richard Persaud how large is the file you are uploading?  Are you the admin of the Jira instance?

It varies from 90kb - about 200kb.  I am not the admin.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

Is it happening to anyone else?  

Richard Persaud June 11, 2021

Its just me, and when others post attachments, it shows up as the above screenshot.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2021

@Richard Persaud is it the same on all projects?  Are you not able to attach items on other projects as well?

I am wondering if on that project you do not have the permission to create attachments.  You should have the project admin check.

Richard Persaud June 11, 2021

@Brant Schroeder Its on all projects, including my own
I was thinking it may be an issue with Jira since its worked for me for a couple years and this only started happening his week.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2021

@Richard Persaud I am not able to recreate the issue.  Since you are the only one having the issue I was thinking it might be a permission change but since it is happening across all projects I will escalate it to Atlassian as they will be able to view your account.   Have you submitted a support ticket with them?

Also is the issue the same on all computers for you?  Just wondering still if there is something installed on your computer that could be causing the issue.  Just to be sure can you have your Jira admin use the permission helper to check and see if you can add attachments?  Instructions for accessing the helper: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Image of what they will see.

Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events