Non billable Logging in Tempo

Stefan Müller August 22, 2022

Hi there!

There are a lot of instructions across the help pages how to distinguish billable and non billable efforts in Tempo. 

But: some seem to be outdated, some not completely valid, considering the current administrations....

E.g. https://help.tempo.io/cloud/en/tempo-timesheets/organizing-data-using-tempo-accounts/creating-non-billable-tempo-accounts-for-internal-issues.html 

There is something said about the account dropdown which I cannot find at all.

Basically, we're searching for a clear way to define whole projects as non billable and make Tempo to persist for resp. logs no billable hours.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hi @Stefan Müller , you can link/limit Accounts to Projects.

So, for example, create a non-billable Account and link it to a specific Project so that Log Time can only be done for this non-billable account.

If there's only 1 Account linked to a certain project, then you won't have a dropdown list.

Stefan Müller August 22, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs thank you for your answer. Actually, this helps to resolve the UI issue, but there is still the problem (more important): I have no chance to prevent Tempo from putting the billable hours to the amount of logged. This means, I still have to do this manually to have a clean statistic.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events