No transition conditions on default GreenHopper workflow

University of York August 15, 2012

I am trying to set up a project where a project role has only browse permissions. The objective being to let them view and comment but not edit or tranisition issues.

This works fine when using the jira workflow but when using the default GreenHopper workflow users with this permission can still transition issues. I believe the reason is that there aren't any transition conditions that use permissions to restrict this (that's how the jira workflow does it).

Is my conclusion above correct. Is there anything I can do to change this (I don't want to change the GreenHopper workflow or create my own).

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

2 answers

0 votes
University of York August 16, 2012

Thanks. I guess what I am asking is how I enforce the same restrictions when using the Greenhopper workflow on a project. If a user can browse a project that uses the Greenhopper workflow there are no restrictions on the transitions they can make.

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2012

The issues listed in GreenHopper are using the same workflow as JIRA Workflow associated with it.

If the user does not have the permission to transition it in JIRA Issue View, then the user can't transition it in GreenHopper too.

University of York August 16, 2012

Thanks. I guess what I am asking is how I enforce the same restrictions when using the Greenhopper workflow on a project. If a user can browse a project that uses the Greenhopper workflow there are no restrictions on the transitions they can make.

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2012

Can you please provide a few sceenshots so that I can understand your situation?

Suggest an answer