No release dropdown on kanban board (despite being an Admin)

Quinn May 22, 2019

I am trying to do a kanban release, but no "Release" dropdown appears on my project page.

no_release_dropdown.png

I am both a Jira administrator and a project administrator for the kanban project.

project_admin.png

Does something need to be turned on that I don't know about? Am I looking in the wrong place? Are there further permissions I need? Is this a bug?

Thanks for any assistance you can give!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2019

Hi @Quinn ,

This looks like a next-gen project. If so there is no release button for that type. To use releases you'll need to convert it to a classic project.

-Scott

Quinn May 22, 2019

Thanks, Scott. That reminds me that there's other functionality we've been needing that next-gen projects don't provide. I just migrated to a classic project (which was a little messy, but in the end took just over half an hour and worked out fine, so I shouldn't complain) and was able to do a release and finally clear a bunch of closed items off our board.

Quinn May 22, 2019

BTW, I think it's crazy that there still seems to be no way to manually clear out closed items from a Next-gen Kanban board.

Suggest an answer