No permission to complete a sprint

SimplyDesk Support September 19, 2013

I am in a group called "admin-greenit" and this group is in the "Administrators" project role.

So normally I should have the JIRA Administrators permission for this project, right ?.

However, I cannot complete a sprint in GreenHopper for this project. The "Complete Sprint..." button is disabled with a tooltip : "You must have Project Administrator permissions to complete a sprint".

I found a workaround by adding myself in the "administrators" group but I would like to be administrator but just for this project.

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2013

Hi there,

May I know if the sprint that you are currently trying to complete runs across multiple projects? This is because I suspect that you (and the group 'admin-greenit') only have the project administrator permission for this project, but not the other ones that are in the sprint.

On the other hand, the 'administrators' group might have permissions across all projects.

SimplyDesk Support September 23, 2013

I have several project but I don't have the problem on my others projects and the configuration is the same.

I don't want to be in the 'administrators' group because I don't want to access to Users Management, Add-on,... I would like to be project administrator for this project only.

Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2013

Hmm, so your sprint indeed includes issues from multiple projects?

Well, with that said, do you have the project admin permission for the other projects that are in the sprint as well?

That was it! I was two project in my sprint and I had not 'project administrator permission' on my second project.

Thanks a lot ;)

Ben Ernst July 1, 2019

This was the problem for me as well.

2 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2013

Check the permission scheme. If it is a custom one the role Administrators may not have the permission "Administer project"

SimplyDesk Support September 22, 2013

I have a custom permission scheme but the role Administrators have the permission Administer Projects and my user is in the groupe admin-greenit, this groupe is assigned to the role Administrators.

It's why I cannot understand.

And my role...

1 vote
Andriy Yakovlev [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2017

Please note that there was some changes in JIRA 7.x: 'Manage Sprints' permission was added. 

See related docs: 

* Using-manage-sprints-permission-for-advanced-cases

And KBs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Unable+to+manage+sprint+due+to+missing+Project+Administrator+permissions

1 vote

That was it! I was two project in my sprint and I had not 'project administrator permission' on my second project.

Thanks a lot ;)

0 votes
Hung Nguyen March 31, 2016

I got the same problem on an Agile Board which filters involved only one project which I'm the Project Admin.

When I create Complete Sprint, it referred to other 2 projects which I am not the Project Admin.

The problem is that I can not find where the other projects were referred to in my board. I only query my one project and the configure page showed only that project, nothing for the other 2.

Where am I missing to check ?

Thx

Suggest an answer