No notification?

gil March 8, 2021

It seems to me that if I use the Jira API CustomField.updateValue() method to update a custom field, Jira won't send a notification or write to the history.  Is this correct?  Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

No, the method triggers the issue updated event. Have a look at the notification scheme and check if a notification is being sent on this event and to whom.

gil March 9, 2021

If I don't want to see a notification from this custom field update, but wanting to get a notification for other field update, how do I do that?

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

That is not possible. The issue updated event is fired when any field in the issue is updated. Jira cannot differentiate between system fields and custom fields in this context.

Suggest an answer