No longer get the option to create subtask on story

Alex Harrison April 14, 2021

For some reason some of our users (but not all) are no longer seeing the option to create a sub-task for a story. 

The option is simply not there.  If we go to an Epic I get the + simple and can add stories but the + is not there on stories.  

Also the option to create subtasks is no longer under the three dots on the top right side.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi Alex,

Take a look at this guidance to see if it helps you:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-sub-tasks/

Unfortunately this does not resolve it. 

It is only in the new view that we do not get the option to create sub-tasks. It simply is not showing.  If we switch back to the old view then the option to create sub tasks reappears.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

What type of project is it? Team-managed (Next-gen)? Company-managed (Classic Software)? Jira Core (Business)?

Hi John
Thanks - I believe it is a company-managed project - not sure how I tell which soft ware it is

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

It should have the type of project it is under the project name on the board (in the upper left side).

Or at the very bottom on that same left side panel. 

It says "You're in a Company -managed project"

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Can you check to see if there are required fields for the Sub-task issue type for that project? That might be causing it. 

Alex Harrison April 15, 2021

Hi John sorry where/how do I check this.  I don't have full administrator rights

I have been through everything with our administrator and we simply cannot get Create Sub-task to appear on the story/task issue type when in the new view.  The minute we switch back to the old view it appears.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2021

Probably time to submit a support ticket to Atlassian. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please post back here with the resolution so we can close this one out. 

Have raised a call with support and will let you know the outcome. Thanks.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events