No dates showing up on roadmap of my children tasks

Sonja Crosby September 16, 2022

***Disclaimer***

Brand new user, could definitely be user error!

I have Start dates and Due dates added to each of my children tasks under my epic. For some reason I am not able to see the due dates on the roadmap, however, the epic is showing the date bar. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hello @Sonja Crosby 

Welcome to the community.

Can you provide a screen image of what you see?

Are you working with Scrum projects?

I have only a Standard product plan, and for that Basic Roadmaps. The documentation in that case says that the scheduling of tasks/child issues in the roadmap will match the dates of the sprint to which they are assigned. I don't know if that applies to your situation.

I just deleted the sprint because it was assigning all of my children tasks the same due date even though each child task has it's own due date. Sprint with Epic and Children Tasks.PNGDeleted Sprint has Epic and Children tasks.PNG

The bottom pic is the one without the Sprint.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Sonja Crosby 

For your situation, I think the key part of the documentation link Trudy provided is this:

Child issues in Scrum projects are scheduled using the dates of the sprints to which they’re assigned. Learn more about scheduling child issues for Scrum teams.  Kanban teams can’t yet schedule child issues on the timeline, though this feature is coming soon.

So for standard roadmaps the child issues only show for the sprint-assigned ones, and those come from the parent...regardless of the child issues' dates.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Sonja Crosby likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2022

Hello @Sonja Crosby 

I see that you have marked this post to indicate you have the Premium plan for Jira. That means you have access to Advanced Roadmaps.

I have not worked with Advanced Roadmaps yet.

It appears that with Advanced Roadmaps you can either infer the scheduling of issues based on the sprint or release dates or you can set the option to None (as described in that page) and use the dates you explicitly set in the issues .

Here is a link to the parent page about scheduling issues in Advanced Roadmaps:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/estimate-and-schedule-issues-in-advanced-roadmaps/

Like Sonja Crosby likes this
0 votes
Sonja Crosby September 19, 2022

Thanks for all the quick responses on this!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events