No blockers functionality at the new scrum boards

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

Classic GreenHopper boards had very important functionality - possibility to flag issue as an impediment. There is no such functionality available for new scrum boards. How can I display blocked issues at my new scrum board in GreenHopper? Is it possible to make it work as in classic boards or maybe there is some kind of workaround?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alan Parkinson [Hindsight Software]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2012

The custom field "flagged" that GreenHopper used to implement impediment is still available. On our Scrum boards with have added a swimlane (Quick filters work as well) which uses the following JQL "Flagged = Impediment"

We have added the custom field to our workflow screens so users can edit the field (toggle the flag)

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

suggested solution is great. but the problem is that I cannot easily mark issues as impediment. do I need to create special transitins in my workflow for that?

Alan Parkinson [Hindsight Software]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2012

You shouldn't need to create any transitions. You just add the "flagged" field to your edit screen and then users should be able to access the field when editing the issue.

It's not the simplest action but you normally doesn't have to flag an issue very often

Suggest an answer