No Active Directory user can view issues

Daniel Scain Farenena December 14, 2017

Hi,

we have a hosted JIRA server that was working fine with JIRA internal directory. To centralize access, we added a A/D directory and the groups and users have been successfully synchronized. However, no user from the A/D directory can view issues. Even when I go to the permissions scheme configuration page and click "Permission helper", adding any A/D user, I get that the user DO have access to "Browse projects", but when that same user clicks on a link for a JIRA issue (e.g. ABC-1), then a message "This issue can't be viewed".

What is awkward is that if the user logs out, then the user can access the JIRA ticket anonymously. This JIRA server is linked to a Confluence service, which is also configured with A/D and works normally.

Therefore, the following users CANNOT view tickets: A/D users. The following user CAN view tickets: internal JIRA directory and anonymous.

Can somebody help me find how to track the issue? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Daniel

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2017

Hi Daniel,

This sounds like a permissions issue since the anonymous users are able to see the issues but the AD users are not. 

• If you create a test user in the internal directory are they able to see the issues?

I would start by testing with a new user and then move to comparing the groups and permissions. 

One common issue is the AD users may not be in the 'users' group.  You can verify this by doing the following:

1. log in with an administrator account
  2. navigate to Groups administration: https://<instance-name>/secure/admin/user/GroupBrowser.jspa

If you can verify the users are not in the 'users' group take a look at Users are unable to browse projects, issues, tasks or any other content after login for steps to correct this.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer