Next-gen projects' People fields do not keep complete history entries

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 18, 2021

When you are using a Next-gen project (Team Managed Project as they are called now) and you create a field of type People to use on your issues, this field will not keep its history correctly.

When you change the value of this field, the changelog will include an entry for this but it will not display the user names.

This is how it looks in the History tab of the issue:

History.png

And this is what you get from the REST API:

"created": "2021-06-18T11:42:48.003+0300",
"items": [
{
"field": "Responsiblesss",
"fieldtype": "custom",
"fieldId": "customfield_10065",
"from": "[5b88ff0d9e23562b1dbxxxxx, 5df778e2588f6e0cb03xxxxx]",
"fromString": "",
"to": "[5b88ff0d9e23562b1dbxxxxx]",
"toString": ""
}
]

You see? It keeps the account IDs, but not the user names? Why is that?

Is this a bug?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2021

Hello @Emre Toptancı _OBSS_,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and for bringing this issue to our attention.

Testing on my local site, I was able to replicate the same issue, and based on that, I created a bug for our development team to check:

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch to receive updates.

Regarding the account IDs, it’s expected. For more information, please check the blog post below:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2021

Thanks @Angélica Luz ,

I'll be watching the issue.

EmreT

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer