• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next Gen projects in Jira allowing Releases tab?

Hi all, I have recently started using Jira on my team which is an experienced Agile team. Previously I have used MS TFS so apologies if this is a daft question but my team is currently split between two projects and so thus far has used 2 Jira backlogs. 

I want to amalgamate the teams as the technologies etc they use are the same and I therefore want one product backlog. Rather than moving everything from one to the other I would prefer a fresh start. 

I created a project in Jira but I only had the option of a Next Gen project as I am not a Jira admin. However now my new project is set up I cannot find a number of things that I want which were available under the older existing projects. The most important thing I am after is the Releases tab in the left hand menu. After googling and youtubing all sorts of Jira issues the only conclusion I can come up with is that this is only available under a Classic project and not a next gen one. 

Can anyone please confirm if my assumption is correct before I delete a perfectly good project :)

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user Nov 22, 2018

Hi @Scott_Carter,

Versioning is not currently available in Next-Gen projects however the Atlassian team have mentioned it is coming in the future though no timeline has been given. I would suggest requesting a classic project instead of the Next-Gen project.

Hope this helps

Thanks @[deleted] I figured that was the case but couldn't see anything definite on this online. Will request a classic project before I spend too much time on the next gen one. Thanks for the reply.

Deleted user Nov 22, 2018

Anytime @Scott_Carter,

Hope you get your project up to speed and your teams hit the ground running. 

If you are happy, please accept my answer so that others in the future are able to use the provided response.

We enabled *full support for release functionality in Next-Gen* projects in app [Swanly release timeline for Jira Cloud|https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219470/swanly-release-timeline-for-jira].
You can create release for Next-Gen project, access Releases screen and assign versions to Next-Gen issues. just like in classic projects.

There is much more features available in the app eg. Visualisation of releases on Timeline, Adding custom stages to releases, cross-project releases…
_(I'm the product owner of the app)_

[https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219470/swanly-release-timeline-for-jira]
Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 17.19.27.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

4,459 views 5 15
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you