Next Gen projects: Is Bulk cloning of issues or a sprint possiblke?

Mark Rees February 22, 2019

Anyone know if a) an entire sprint incl. issues can be cloned or b) if a set of issues can be bulk cloned?

And if yes, how?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2019

there is no way to do this at least natively. Maybe an addon app (Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, etc.) could accomplish but I am not personally familiar w/ doing so.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 26, 2019

We just released an updated of our cloud app Deep Clone for Jira which makes it possible to bulk clone within next-gen projects and between classic and next-gen projects.

To bulk clone a set of issues you have to:

1. Filter for all issues you want to clone

2. Configure and execute the Deep Clone: Bulk Clone function.

Let me know if you have questions or feedback about our app.

Cody Proctor January 19, 2021

Please allow for Sprint cloning too. We love your product and REALLY need that :)

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 20, 2021

It's great to hear that you enjoy working with Deep Clone for Jira, @Cody Proctor  :)

If you want to bulk clone issues of a specific sprint, you can simply filter for that sprint in the advanced issue search. Here an example for a JQL:

Sprint = "JAN2020 Sprint" order by created DESC

I hope that helps! If not, please share your feature request with us.

It's important for us to understand how exactly you work with our app. Thank you!

Suggest an answer