Next Gen Sprint Burndown by Time

Youssef Halwani August 13, 2020

Can you add time estimates to the estimation field of the sprint burndown chart

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Youssef Halwani 

Try our Great Gadgets app. It includes sprint / release burndown chart gadgets that can calculate by time remaining & time spent, story points or custom field. It works for next-gen projects. Also, it offers an option to include subtasks. 

For more details, please read this blog post.

SprintBurndownByTimeRemainingTimeSpent1.png

Danut 

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2020

Hi @Youssef Halwani 

Not at this stage - see this page for more information on how the Next-Gen Sprint Burndown works.

See specifically:

The vertical axis represents amount of work; either number of issues or story points (if Estimation is enabled). The horizontal axis represents the timeframe of the sprint

Ste

Youssef Halwani August 21, 2020

Thanks @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

I understand how it works currently, thats why I'm asking if it can be extended to include time estimations as well as number of issues and story points. Of all the teams that I have spoke too most concern themselves with time estimates during the sprint because most teams do not have stories burning down gradually during the sprint. It's not a useful report and gives very limited insight. Time estimates burn down every day and can therefore be very useful and deliver A LOT of insight. For those that do great continue to use as is, but for the many many of us that do not find this useful Time Estimations would be a HUGE value add.

If not at this stage then what stage will this be coming, if at all? 
I've asked for this here and received no answer either.... Concerned customer patience awaiting a response!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

Hi @Youssef Halwani 

There are two places to see upcoming work for Next-Gen:

There are several issues "In Progress" in JSWCLOUD-17392, but I don't see a suggestion for inclusion of time estimates in reports within the list.

I would suggest adding a suggestion here for consideration. It might already be on Atlassian's radar, but this is a method of indicating your need for them :)

Ste

Youssef Halwani September 10, 2020
Like # people like this
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2020

Hi @Youssef Halwani 

Feature requests are just ideas - there's no guarantee Atlassian will build these. But having the idea created means it's a possible option!

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events