Next-Gen Project Template, how to clone/duplicate?

Deleted user January 20, 2020

I am currently very new to Jira and have been tasked to create a project "template" for onboarding a new client, multiple teams are involved and Jira is great to track progress.  My goal is to create a generic onboarding next-gen project in Jira so that we can duplicate the same process for each new client.  Is this possible with Next-Gen and if so, what are the steps?

4 answers

7 votes
philipp_matuschka January 28, 2021

So let me see if I have understand this. You are promoting that we all move to next-gen projects, but when we do so, we cannot re-use workflows, we cannot set up template projects and we cannot clone projects to workaround those restrictions. That's pretty frustrating!

4 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hello mwiggers,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Next-gen projects are independent of other next-gen and classic projects, so the custom fields, workflows, permissions are not shared between them.

Currently, there is no option to clone or duplicate a next-gen project. There is an option to create a project with a shared configuration that copies the settings from a project to another, but it works only for classic projects.

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
George Manning May 24, 2021

Here's another unhappy Nextgen user. We customized a project and now have to reapply those customizations to a new project, mostly column names that fit our team.

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 28, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

Is your question related to project configuration or also to template issues?

If you plan to work with template issues, you might want to have a look at our app Deep Clone for Jira. You can use it to bulk clone and move issues between Jira projects.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team, if you have questions or feedback about our app.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events